But he was back again by evening with a soaring temperature and definite chest infection. He slept there last night. Home tonight. Our plans for a full week at school thwarted again.
But all this illness and feeling terrible has lost the fear and uncertainty it had before. We can bear it now.
D and R fed up that their plans and desires sometimes get pushed aside. They're being patient and sweet on the whole. Even though Dora frequently complains; 'it's not fair my brother has cancer...' The full meaning of which is heavy with complexity. But they still worry about him.
Dora: 'Is it frightening that he has a chest infection?'
Me: No, it's expected.
Dora: Then why the fuss?
After months of no temperature. The 37.8 Celsius was our sign to get him to the Whittington. He was particularly vigilant.
I am preparing for Chanukah with a frantic last minute online shop for lots of small bits and one Spurs kit. I feel bad I didn't go for the personalised name now ...
I hope we manage to let the light in, and do a bit of re dedication here at home. Tomorrow's first night seems auspicious.
No comments:
Post a Comment